Saturday, October 31, 2009

Diversity Camp

Last week, we again worked with CMME to put on a Youth Diversity Camp to local Kyrgyz, Uzbek, Tajik, and Kazahk children. I was lucky enough to present on Leadership Skills and Cross-cultural Friendship. Many concepts were new to the students, so we were really excited to share. But they were even more willing to share their culture with us. We all learned a great deal from each other, which marks a great success. We were invited back to so many villages, but I'm afraid we'll be unable to accept them all. One particular student invited me to his home in March. I'd be amazed if he remembered.

Diversity education is extremely challenging and never sails as smoothly as you'd like. Either in spite of this, or because of it, I truly enjoy diversity education, dialogue, and training.

















All these pictures seem rather self explanatory...except maybe the 'steal the bacon' action-shot. Hope that clears things up. Also, be on the look out for Halloween photos. I'll get them posted soon.

No comments: